Friday, April 29, 2011

Blue like Jazz by Donald Miller

Page 34, such an amazing story on why we should follow Christ.


I realize, as I am living with a girl temporarily, that I am afraid of people. I'm afraid of doing the wrong thing. Upsetting the balance. Being thought of as rude and inconsiderate. Being a bad Christian. I'm not good with boundaries. I want to use all of her stuff without asking. Something you're NOT supposed to do. I'm drinking her juice and eating her food. Reasons why I hate roommates. It's harder to share stuff. There are all these new rules one has to follow and obey out of consideration. And I'm generally fearful of being considerate.

I'm also afraid of intimacy. I'm afraid of people. Rejection. Hurt. Hurting others. Having too high expectations and being let down! I want to love people and be close to them, but it seems like if you show people kindness, they want more and more until it almost eats you up! Like I said, I'm not good with boundaries. But I suppose I'll have to keep learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment