Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013...don't give up!!!!

Don't Quit 
When things go wrong as they sometimes will, 
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, 
When the funds are low and the debts are high 
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, 
When care is pressing you down a bit, 
Rest if you must, but don't you quit! 

 Life is queer with its twists and turns, 
As every one of us sometimes learns, 
And many a failure turns about 
When he might have won had she/he stuck it out; 

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, 
Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, 
And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; 
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit. 
 - Edgar A. Guest


2012 was The Year When Everything Unfolds Beautifully
2013 is all about not giving up and pressing in.

We all know what it feels like to give up.  People don't like New Year's resolutions, always talking about how easy it is to give up in a month or two or three.  But I LOVE the New Year.  I love the significance of new beginnings, new hopes, fresh fire to fresh dreams.  Shoot.  Even if you only last three months, it's at least three months out of the year that you're doing things differently, with hope, with joy, with vigor.

For me, that determination has to at least last me until my birthday, which falls around March 20th, which is perfect, because then I get to look at my life resolutions and start with fresh vigor, which will last me through the summer, which is always a time of rejunvenation and vigor as I go swimming almost every day.  Which brings me to Labor Day, always reminding me of back to school and the fresh excitement of new teachers, new seating arrangements, new clothes, new sneakers, new school supplies, and sometimes even a new school!

God be with you this year.  My church, Aletheia, will be embarking on a 40 day fast this January 13th to February 21.  I pray that you can join me.  It doesn't have to be a complete liquid fast.  It can be a Daniel, or chocolate, or any kind of sacrificial fast that will be meaningful to you AND the Lord!  God will reward your fast, and you will see some breakthroughs in your life.  God bless you and your family.  Should you choose to fast, please let me know at sungyun320@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment