Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Evangelism Challenge lifts off, 2015!

Okay, so last year I met this kid Emmanuel, and I shared the gospel with him, or rather, found out that he was a Christian.  We found each other on facebook and he told me that he wanted to take up the #evangelismchallenge.  Last year 3 other men and a pastor's daughter also took up the challenge. But then Emmanuel started posting them in the same style that I had been posting them, and seeing them written out like that was really just so mindblowing.  You know how you have been dreaming about something for SO LONG and then you start to see it materialize right before your eyes?  THAT'S WHAT THIS IS LIKE.  I am a dreamer, a poet, a dancer, at heart, but in this world I am also a mover, a shaker, a world changer, a hell destroyer.  Yes, we are coming for all the demons of hell to be bound and destroyed.  We know how it ends in Revelations.  Satan is destroyed and he knows that Jesus is coming back to rule this earth so he's trying to bring all the people of this world to hell with him.  But not on my watch.  Not in our city.  Not with this kind of revolution.

So what is your passion?  What is your calling?  What did Jesus create you for?

Is it to dance?  Is it to paint, write?  Is it to give and be a blessing to others?  Is it through your vocation?  Is it through serving?  How do you love best?

I am an evangelist but the Holy Spirit works through each of us differently and God has gifted us with different callings.  So my goal is to help others find their calling.  And to connect them with those who need it the most desperately. My dream is to shift reality here on earth.  That we would be UNAFRAID to be who God dreamed us to be, before we were ever created in the womb.

In Jeremiah 29, he writes:
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

Find your calling, and seek God with all your heart to find out what your destiny is.  Because once you are walking in it, your dreams will COME TO LIFE! L'CHAIM!!!!

3/09/15 Monday Prayed with my store friend T, who I have seen grow up, since she was about 10 years old.  
She is an interesting mix of Jewish, Christian and Catholic but doesn't seem to believe in God at all. She is a senior in high school and it was so awesome to be able to share the gospel with her after many times of initiating conversations about God.  I had never really shared the gospel and good news of Jesus so hopefully some seeds were planted!  :D

3/10/15 Tuesday I ran into my friend Kaitlin and we prayed for a guy who had a missing toe and a black foot (he wasn't there but maybe he'll get the healing anyway).  Then I suddenly felt the need to share the gospel with the guy sitting next to me, as I didn't want to slack on my challenge.  Believe it or not he was a Christian from Tremont Temple Baptist Church, which is an evangelical church in Boston!  What an amazing mix of Chinese, Cape Verdean and Lebanese!  I was like, Oh, you're my Asian brother!  But it was nice to connect with him.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Sung Yun. Wish you a very blessed, prosperous and a Christ centered New year. Iam so blessed to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post which is awesome. Your thorughts are inspiring,challenging and full of confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am impressed by what you said about you as a mover, shaker, a hell destroyer,.You have the confidence of David who faced Goliath and killed him. I am blessed to know you as a mighty worrior of God and an evangelist. Well let me share about me and the program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults from the West. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete