Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Amazing Day in San Francisco

Welcome to my blog! I would like to have started on January 1st to chronicle my year of adventure, but alas. My year started off wonderfully with my parents and family friend Mr. Kim. In Korean culture, New Year's Day is an exciting celebration of everyone's birthday and the beginning of a new year and a fresh start. He bought a huge platter of sashimi. Yum, yum! I left South Station for New York City on the Bolt Bus. Met this really cool kid named Kimball Gallagher, a pianist, and we hung out at this diner on the corner. Watched a movie with Chung, The Accidental Husband. Quality time with brother. He drove me to the airport: nothing like cruising the streets of NYC at 5 am in a sleek black BMW. My high school friend Mollie Wong got a membership as a Christmas present to the California Academy of the Sciences. For those of you not from San Francisco, it is Boston's Aquarium, Museum of Science and New York's American Museum of Natural History‎ all rolled into one. AMAZING! We got to see a really cool show at the Planetarium, and walked around the Aquarium downstairs where I saw an albino crocodile.

Then I met up with Demian Bigelow, also from Latin, but from the class ahead of me. His wife Ally and son Zachary came along, and I proceeded to have one of the BEST days of my life. Ah, to see life through the eyes of a 3 year old is one of the most incredible experiences in the world. We got to see a domed rainforest with gorgeous butterflies flying all around, and tons of geckos and fish. A pretty blue butterfly walked onto my finger and fluttered silently.

My last day was the 8th and saw Jen Greene who chatted with me while I packed to leave Lauren's apartment. We went over to the wharf and boarded the feerry to see Alcatraz Prison with my friend Bhavana Chawla. It was so much fun to see San Francisco from the Bay and even saw two sea lions frolicking off the coast of Alcatraz Island!!! Then we had dinner with Yulin and her friend and went out to a bar in the Castro. Blast from the past, saw Thonsey Keopanya there as well! All in all, I got to catch up with many Boston pals, which was really nice. I have since left California for Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment