Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back in Bangalore

Aaaaah.  Bangalore.  My Indian home base.  The Green City.  It truly lives up to its name.  It's way more lush and beautiful than I remembered.  The auto guys tried to get me to pay astronomical rupees (like 450), so I just blew them all off and took the bus.  Two hours and two buses later, minus ONLY Rs 16, that's right folks, I feel like I beat the system.  I refused to be shook down like some common clueless tourist.  What do these guys take me for?

I went back to Krupa Supermarket, and Uncleji gave me a free drink!!!!  That was pretty sweet.  I felt like family.  It's like the convenient store owner hookup.  AND the ROAD was paved!  This was probably one of the worst roads in India, and I didn't even know I was ON Hormavu Agra because it was so smooth.  Aah, with a lightning storm on the rooftop cafe and Narendra and Siddhant from SHS next to me, life couldn't be much better.  It is so nice to see all the staff from before.  My little family.  I miss my batchmates though!  This Mansion just ain't the same without them.  The band and outreach team and all the girls...wah.  I felt such a deep sense of nostalgia.

Hyderabad was hot.  I got to drink one of the best mango shakes I ever had in my life though!  Thanks to a certain space engineer named Bunny.  ha ha ha.  And my poetry was appreciated.  ; )

1 comment:

  1. Well now that the monsoon has set in...maybe you should make another trip to Hyd and experience its splendor, take care, cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete