Friday, July 24, 2009

Arriving in Asia

Standing at a free internet kiosk in Singapore. It's 9 am in San Francisco, and 1 am the next day in Singapore. Time is weird here. It's weird to have skipped a whole day in advance! The airport is just like I thought it would be; modern, clean and sparkling. And there are so many Asians here, East and South. I will probably check out the butterfly garden, seeing as I have a six hour layover. I might try to sleep some in the airport. We shall see.

JULY 23, 2009
My last 30 minutes on U. S. soil. Lots of brown and yellow people with smatterings of ochre. I'm going back to Asia. Praise the Lord! They let you check two bags in with Singapore Airlines. What a luxury. I have to say, Hawaiian and Singapore really know how to make you feel pampered. It's funny how the smallest things mean so much when you are frazzled and nervous and sometimes on the verge of panic! But I did get to my flight way early. Huge relief. It's exciting to be back on the road. I guess 2009 is a big year for travel for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment