Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Made it to Maui!

Flight with Robby was perfect! Well, it was a bit turbulent at the beginning with some low flying clouds and winds. It figures, the one cloudy day in a zillion is when I am flying in a cute little four seater! Go, upchuck! Well, I felt so much better afterward and got to enjoy the view. Oh my gosh, talk about incredible. We flew right over Molokai and got to see Kaho' olowe and Lanai in the distance. Perfect landing! I definitely prayed a lot!

They dropped me off in the next town (this dude at the airport let us borrow his Lexus....and yes, God is so good), a cute little beach town called Pa'ia. It is so quaint and beautiful, a lot like Haleiwa, on Oahu's North Shore. I was not sure what to do, since I was supposed to stay with Maria, and my phone was a mess, so I could not reach her. But I met a guy at the gas station where Robby and Keith dropped me off, and we went to swim a great waterfall. So perfect! On the way back we went to the YWAM Maui base in Haiku, and everyone knew her there! So we gave this guy Nick a ride down to Pa'ia, and he knew her and where she lived. We went to watch the sunset, and then Nick said it was cool for me to stay there per Maria and Brian. The stars were brilliant! It was a perfect, perfect first day in Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment