Monday, July 20, 2009

Leaving this gorgeous place

My going away party on Saturday night was totally awesome.  We went to Buca di Beppo for dinner and then Donnie's for the after party.  They all affirmed me and then prayed for me.  It was a totally amazing high.  I've been getting really little sleep, but it's so worth it.  I guess my body is being trained to wake up at 6 am in India every day.  Leaving is actually an amazing experience here, because people totally love on you so much.  And guess what?  I got baptized yesterday!  It was pretty cool, and the perfect timing.  I did the Ala Moana dunk.  No doves landed on my head, but the clarity I felt since 5:30 in the morning and praying with God was pretty cool.  

In Kaua'i, it really hit me...I am am heading off to India, and the realization that I will no longer be able to swim at these beautiful Hawai'ian beaches is really tough.  I guess I kind of started taking it for granted here.  No more 5:30 swims with Donnie and Jamie on a whim, like we did this morning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment