Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: It's a New Year!

So far I am off to a good start. Resolutions resolved, I have been running twice and swimming once. I woke up this morning and my back was killing me (dang couch!). If Jesus wanted us to suffer as he suffered, well, then I am truly living the Christian life! Ha ha ha. But I did run a whopping 10!!!! miles today! Without stopping! Mind you, I have not run 10 miles in probably over 2 years. But with about 10 runs in the past month, my muscle memory is kicking in. And on my last run I didn't even have to stop to catch my breath. Praise God! Also, with my new smartphone (thanks, dad!), I have become ONE OF THEM. Yes, folks, I have become a runner who listens to music. I couldn't help it. I am sorry to go the dark side. But it was necessary. I had such a hard time motivating. MOTI, MOTI! So, I dragged my sorry butt out into the snowy cold, (no thank you, gym rats!) and a little Pandora action got me into gear. AND HOW! Nothing a little Pink and Black Eyed Peas can't cure!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man (or woman!) be in Christ, he/she is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

That is most certainly good news on all of our parts, and it especially portends well in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment