Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two days in a row

After such a hard workout yesterday, I can't believe I forced myself to go running again today. But with Ga Yun going to work and a couple of hours to spare, and a day as gorgeous as the night is long, I couldn't say no. I can't say no to the calendar that is staring me in the face. According to the marathon training guide, I have to log at least 25-30 miles a WEEK! And according to my January calendar, I've only run 10 outta 20 days so far. Doesn't look good. When I ran in '05, I started training in February, so I definitely have a jumpstart. Hallelujah.

My mantra is Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. My back is KILLING me. I want to rip myself open and break it off. I can't believe I am actually persevering. I probably should consult a doctor, but I figure it's gonna hurt anyway so I might as well be in good shape hurting. My knees don't hurt too badly. Sometimes it gets to a point where my whole body just goes numb and I just keep going, one foot in front of the other. Step by Step, ooh baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment