Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alchemy and Art Shows

It's a little surreal adjusting back to life in Boston. Sometimes I wake up and forget what country or city I am in. Then I realize I am home. I feel a little like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz. Going home after all these wild and crazy adventures.... there is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home....

I noticed I was still doing some things like I would have in India...such as throwing away toilet paper in the wastebasket. Waiting for the hot shower to run out. Then a huge wave of relief, knowing that it probably wouldn't run out. At least not for a long time.

I find that I am grateful for so many things in the U.S. I am so grateful for clean bathrooms. I am grateful for the hot bath that I took yesterday. I am so grateful that people understand me, and where I have come from, and who I am. I am grateful to be back among friends and family that love me so so so much. I am grateful for the lovely PERFECT dinner (for Melanie's birthday) at Alchemy in Gloucester, our little nook, our wild mushroom risotto, pistachio, endive, feta mesclun salad, Melanie's margherita pizza (and she gives me her tomatoes), Mishelle's asparagus and duck confit. It was a brilliant meal in brilliant company.

Then we went to a photography exhibit (there was a picture of sea turtle which reminded me of my turtle off the pier in Kona), an art show at the Hive, and then back to Alchemy for more awesome, inspiring conversation. I was feeling very very Sex in the City with my 3 amazing girlfriends. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment