Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still in Re-entry Stress/Reverse Culture Shock

Yeah, I am still in super reverse culture shock. It's so clean here, it seems unfair and a little disturbing. The streets are immaculate and the roads are not dusty. People are not honking in my ear.

I think I just *may* have been cured of my desire to shop incessantly, compared to before. I am much more balanced about my spending/buying habits. I just feel so "normal." If there is such a thing.

It's nice to be me. To like who I am more, though I can still be impatient, rude and thoughtless. I definitely feel calmer, nicer and more considerate than B.C. (Before Christ). Even my mother has said she noticed a difference.

I appreciate my parents SO much more. All the bitter resentful rebellious hatred of youth seems to have dissipated a little. Can it be? Maturity on the horizon? Maybe I am deluded, but I feel more like an adult...if there is such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment